RENOVATED – Permanent exhibition of Dominik Skutecký
The aim of the new re-installation of Dominik Skutecký’s exposition is to use the potential of the painter’s villa as an authentic environment of his work and family life. In addition to expanding the exhibition in artistic and historical context, we are also preparing a partial reconstruction of the interior according to the found documentation and features of that period- lighting, windows, wall painting, or creating a replica of the painting stage in the artist’s studio. Instead of a passive painting gallery, this will create an environment inspired by that time period adapted for comfortable spending of time by visitors with creative activities, cultural experiences and accompanying temporary exhibitions.
The installation will bring the life of the painter and his family in the villa closer to the gallerygoer by creating thematic rooms: ITALIAN ART HALL (Venetian period of the painter), SALON (Banská Bystrica period, salon and portrait work), STUDIO (painting program and technology), OFFICE (family history and creations of the children; space for temporary exhibitions), WINTER GARDEN (relaxation area and creative activities).
Exhibition curator: Katarína Baraníková
Restorer: Miro Slúka
Design a architecture of exhibition: Marcel Benčík
Furnishings: Maroš Semančík
Art history consultants: Klára Kubičková, Katarína Beňová, Zuzana Majlingová
Translation: Roman Schvartz
Venue: Vila Dominika Skuteckého, Horná 55, Banská Bystrica
Duration of the exhibition: od 13. 3. 2020
Exhibition opening: 13. 3. 2020 o 17.00
The renovation of the Dominik Skutecký Villa is realized thanks to the financial support of the Banská Bystrica self-governing region. The project of the Villa reinstallation and the Permanent exhibition of Dominik Skutecký was supported from public sources by the Slovak Arts Council.
Dominik Skutecký: Artist in the studio, 1920, oil on canvas, missing- previously owned by the artist’s family
Acquisition 2019 – Dominik Skutecký: In pottery workshop, circa 1899, oil on panel, property of Central Slovakian Gallery